64 Henry Street. 1 block east of St, George/Beverley, south of College. Runs one way south. Street parking is sometimes (mostly) available and costs $2.25/hr.
It’s a short walk from College Park Station.
Go through the brown wooden gate just to the south of the house.
There are two gates side by side, go through the right one.
Walk mindfully through the private garden to the coach house door on your left.
416-571-0464 if you need help finding us.
Om Laila Studio Class Details
Classes at Om Laila are infused with the intention of seeing the participants as whole beings. Our mandate is to facilitate the marriage of your own self, your unique body and story with our clear and comprehensive movement, rhythm and sound lexicon
With live drums and voice we will vibrate your very bones and ask you to commune with the “you” inside your dance
We will bring you a deep and delicious experience of Arabic music and culture in an intimate temple-like setting
We may also visit some places in Eastern Europe and beyond in song and movement
Cheoreography and guided free movement will both be explored in their time
Winter Session – January 6 – March 17, 2014
3 types of group classes this season:
Seven Waves Movement
Private Classes in the following:
Essential Bellydance and Seven Waves
qanun, Arabic rhythm and drumming, singing and zylls/saghat/finger cymbals.
mentoring classes to emerging and established professionals who seek to deepen their work or venture into cross-disciplinary exploration.
Essential Bellydance 1, 2, and 3
Essential Bellydance is…
• an exploration of the inner architecture of bellydance
• the primer upon which to build strong and fluid technique
• respectful of though not limited by cultural or stylistic forms
• a way to connect the wires so head, heart and hips flow in an elegant and organic order
• deeply rooted in Arab music and dance traditions while reaching across many borders
• a meditation on the wisdom within bellydance that refreshes and heals with applications for movement practitioners of other disciplines such as yoga
• a meditation on Love and the language of the Beloved as it is grounded and expressed through our bodies
Seven Waves Fundamentals and Lab
Seven Waves is …
• a practice where movement and sound become increasingly woven together
• a lexicon that is deeply rooted in Arabic movement practices and is also informed by the body wisdom of many other traditions.
• aligned with the core elements of Yoga, Pilates, Continuum Movement and Alexander Technique, among others.
• relaxing, invigorating, awakening, strengthening and fun. It sloughs of staleness and stuck places, tunes the senses, and invites more life force and spaciousness into the body.
• a discipline of pleasure that will inform your life in infinite ways, large and small
All classes will run as Ten Week Modules.
The cost is for the ten classes is $250 and will be pro-rated if you buy the remainder of the series after the start date. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure there is space.
Only 6 per class in the studio.
In this intimate space, we will teach who is in the room. You will effect the way the syllabus is laid out.
Essential Bellydance and Seven Waves classes are a luxurious hour and a half long with breathing room at the end in case we have to finish our thought
on line classes coming soon
Mondays 7 – 8:30 pm – Essential Bellydance 1 – 2
Jan 6 – Mar 17 (No class Feb 17)
Tuesdays at 1 – 2:30 pm – Seven Waves Fundamentals
Jan 7 – Mar 11
Wednesdays 6 – 7:30 pm – Essential Bellydance 2 – 3
Jan 8 – Mar 12
Wednesdays 8 – 10 pm – Undine Troupe Rehearsal (Ioana)
Thursdays 1 – 2:30 pm – Seven Waves Lab
Jan Jan 9 – Mar 13
Thursdays 6:30 – 8:30 pm – Teacher Training